Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Social Media Presentation for School Council

Last night at our school council, we had a short presentation on the types of social media our students are using. Click through this slide show to see a brief description, the pros and cons, and educational applications of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, and Ask.fm. It's hard to stay on top of all the different applications and platforms out there, and this list will most likely be out of date by the time I hit "Post", but as educators and parents we need to at least be a part of the conversation. For those that attended last evening, I was able to find some information on Tumblr and have included it as well!  Check out the Google Presentation from last night and contact me at Anne.Truaisch@ontario.ca if you have any questions.

Reading

Story Time During the last few months I have been reading to the boys a couple of nights a week. The boys are really enjoying story time...